Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Autumn Tea Party

Two little ladies that are so dear to my heart wanted to throw an impromptu outdoor tea party, so we packed their tea party accoutrements and headed into the woods:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Besides this beautiful canopy of splendor we set up camp. The ladies weren't too thrilled that I left my place at the table to photograph them:

Photobucket

Her dance with her favorite teddy bear was beyond precious. All I needed was one shot. "NO." And of course, her refusal to look into the camera was met by another playfully defiant click of the shutter:

Photobucket

Big sister was much more generous with her poses:

Photobucket

Try as I may, no amount of pleading kept the sun from stealing away... but I received a treat as I witnessed the brilliant yellow leaves of the birches turn an even more dazzling orange hue:

Photobucket

How I adore this time of the year. God is quite the artist.

5 comments:

Donna S. November 15, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

your talent never ceases to amaze me. I wish you lived local so you could snap pics of my kiddos!

Jen Wolff November 15, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Awww! Too cute! Olivia went through the "I refuse to look at the camera phase". She's just now finally looking at it, but I now have to show her every picture I take. Beautiful work!

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

So precious! Memories being made that you and the girls will treasure forever and in such a beatiful backdrop!

Brenda November 21, 2008 at 4:07 AM  

Absolutely precious!!!

Joanie November 24, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Beautiful photos of precious little girls. I love the photo story of the tea party!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP